So I've decided that I'm going to post a few of the biggest "Are you kidding me?" type things I've done at work. I'll update from time to time as it's inevitable that there will always be more to come.
I had one request to come look at one of the phones. They had replaced the headset because it was sounding fuzzy and now that they had replaced it weren't getting any sound at all. I tested the speaker and got a dial tone on both lines with no problem. With a brand new headset it had to be the connection. On the back of the phone there are two plugs with pictures by them. One with a handset and one with a headset. They were plugged into one labeled AUX on the other side of the phone.
We had gotten a request saying that someones laptop wasn't turning on. They brought it in and sure enough nothing would turn on. On pulling out the battery I discovered water and lots of it. Upon asking if it had gotten wet the reply came: "Does that look like the problem?"
I had gotten a request for one of the lovely cubes saying that it wasn't working. I tend to put off requests for these, and after putting it off as long as possible I headed down to see what the issue could be this time. Upon looking at the thing I discovered EVERYTHING had been unplugged (Power, monitors, everything. Genius Point!). I plugged everything back in turned it on and advised that they leave things plugged in.
There was an issue with one of the printers not wanting to change printing trays. After looking around we found that it only occurred in Microsoft Word. After looking around some more we confirmed that it was a Word issue and that Microsoft had officially claimed it as well. I had told the person that had asked us to look into it that it was a Word issue. One of my coworkers had told him the same thing. The person called the printer service company and had them send a tech guy out to look at it. After all this I get an email back stating: "I
spoke with [tech guy], a senior tech from [printer place] and he confirmed that the
weirdness going on is a Word issue, not a printer or driver issue." Does it really take three (or four if you count an official statement from Microsoft) opinions to convince you that we already told you that?
No comments:
Post a Comment