So last night we watched The Vow. This may come as a surprise but I hated it! I liked the story don't get me wrong. It was cute and everything, but what made me hate it was how I felt throughout the whole movie. I'm a guy, and that being said I place myself in the shoes of Leo. I don't know how he handled it. I mean if I were stuck in the same situation I don't know what I'd do. I LOVE my wife, but I don't know that I could have handled the way she treated him and remain sane. Of course after watching the movie my wife asks if I would have held on like he did. I lost it. I started crying like there was no tomorrow because just the thought on not having my wife remember me and everything we've been through is not something that I want to think about.....EVER!
The second the parents entered the picture I knew that I'd loathe them. Before they even said a word I knew that they were going to try and take her away from him. I'm thankful that I have the in laws that I have because I know it would never be that way.
I would love nothing more to say that I could have done what Leo did. This being based off a true story I applaud Leo and am happy that things turned out for them. I've dealt with my fair share of trials and I know there is more to come but this had better not be one of them. Life without my wife would be absolutely worthless. I know I'm far from perfect, but I try to keep my wife as happy as possible.
This is one of those rare moments when you get to see a little of the emotional side of me. I'm very much an introvert and keep most things to myself but this movie really stirred up something last night. I know it doesn't make any sense but it's one of those movies that I hate so much I kinda like it. Again I liked the story, but I was so annoyed and kinda mad the whole movie that it's not one that I would like to watch again. I recommend seeing it at least once to make you appreciate what you have.

No comments:
Post a Comment