Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Phantom of the Motorcycle

Well I broke down and got a new motorcycle. I have been occasionally riding an old 1980 CX500 Custom for a while. My dad got it a while back and it went to my uncle and then back to me. Recently it started having a few issues, and me not being the most mechanically inclined wasn't quite sure if I should sell it or ride it for one more year. I had registered it but hadn't reinstated the insurance just yet. My wife and I walked into Honda World just to poke about. She wanted to look at four wheelers. We went in and looked around and the light of glory came out of heaven and shone forth on a Honda Shadow Phantom. I've been looking at getting one for years. I was looking at them on KSL and wasn't really looking for brand new. My wife just got a brand new car last year and I really hadn't considered anything new. The guy we talked to said that the Phantoms go really fast. They don't send a lot of them over. The main difference with the Phantom is the engine is blacked out. It was shipped in on Thursday, built on Friday, and put out on the floor that morning (Saturday). He said that it would be sold that day. The only thing in question was who would take it. I tossed it back and forth a bit. My wife encouraged me to get it.

Long story short we got it. I have never been happier with a motorcycle that I am with this one. We took it on it's maiden voyage up to Heber and back. I have taken it to work now for the past couple of days and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Gas mileage is 56 mpg and it has a 3.7 gallon tank. I can get close to 200 miles per tank and it only costs about 11 - 12 bucks to fill up. We don't have kids yet so we might as well enjoy a few things. We got a Sissy bar so my wife can ride along with me.
Before I added the Sissy Bar


Last night I sold the old CX500 Custom. It was sad to see it go but I'm glad that someone else could enjoy it.




No comments:

Post a Comment