Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Job Hunting


So I have decided that job hunting is not for the faint of heart. I have been applying for anything that I think I might be able to do as well as a few I'm unsure of just for the sake of it. Thus far I have had maybe three interviews and an attempt at scamming me. Having had a computer class on computer security and some personal experience as well as some advice on the parental side I was able to decipher the punks objectives. The most frustrating thing is that I have gone to school all my life in hopes of becoming something useful. I spend (or others spend) thousands of dollars to go to college taking hours and hours of classes in hopes of making themselves worth more in the workplace. Being one of those I figured that maybe I'd be a little better for the job hunt right? Well the more I learn the less I know. I learn more in my classes but the more I interview the more I wonder if I ever really knew what the heck I was doing in the first place. Computers are my passion and as frustrating as they can be I love it when they work as they are intended. It's annoying when I'm in an interview and they ask me what the doohicky by the NFS with the RN is and how it broke and the command system client ate a virus and downloaded all my bank funds into some bank in Ireland with an impossible bank account while all the paint is peeling off my walls because there was an attachment that opened(No, none of that is supposed to make sense). Most places I can follow what's going on. Heck I even knew what good ol' Mark Zuckerberg was talking about on The Social Network when he was talking about the servers. I quote from the Novel Dracula from Van Helsing when he said "We learn from our failures, not our successes." The more I interview the more I think I'm narrowing down on something I might actually be able to do. The other thing is that most jobs want you to have experience, but they aren't willing to give it to you. So a sucker like me that's worked with computers a lot but never had to professionally is outta luck. I didn't expect to get hired the first placed I applied at but I didn't expect to be totally clueless in an interview either. I know I don't know everything but I thought I'd at least know SOMETHING after getting a flippin' Bachelor's degree. What use is a silly degree if you still don't know anything? I seem to know just enough to get into an interview or two, but not enough to get a job. So until the day I find one me and my trusty keyboard will be filling out application after application. I've almost got everything memorized that needs to be on any application ever. They are still annoying to fill out however as I've gone through enough of them that I'm sick of putting my name and address over and over again. I guess I'll find the right job eventually it's just getting there that is a pain in the butt.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck you guys. We will definitely miss you!

    ReplyDelete