So today was one of those days that I just don't even really know what to say. I feel like I've been spinning my wheels going nowhere for the past month. I've been applying for jobs day after day to no avail. I burn gas going to a job that I love but doesn't pay anything but experience, which is dandy other than I kinda need money to live. Money just keeps bleeding out of the accounts and I feel like I'm on a sinking ship. Today all of that changed. I had sent in my application to a company called IT Sources. I had missed a call from them and they left a message saying they would like to interview me. From my other couple of interviews one drilled me pretty good and made me feel retarded and the other one I felt went well but then they dropped off the face of the earth and even when I walked into the building I couldn't get ahold of anyone. So what's one more? I called them back the next morning and left a message for the same person that called me. I called them back around noon and got ahold of the person that called me. I talked to her for a bit and then scheduled an interview for the following morning (today).This morning I went to the interview and felt like it went really well. I had listed Dale as a reference. He is the one over me for my internship and as of about 7PM tonight is my mom's husband :) He called me a little later in the day and told me that they had called him and that they were trying to decide between me and one other guy.
The rest of the day I was holding on to my phone like my life depended on it. For those of you who know me well know I NEVER do that because I don't care for the phone generally. I was looking at the clock every few minutes. I knew they were making a decision today and that they closed at 5PM. So as it neared 5 I was constantly looking at the clock. Every time it rang I would look and it was either my mom or Dale requesting assistance. I was driving home and lo and behold it rang and it was a number that wasn't in my phone. I answered and heard the voice of the guy that interviewed me. Glory be and hallelujah! I got the job. I started crying on the phone but was able to maintain my voice as if I was alright by some miracle. I finally found a job with some epically awesome benefits. Full benefits and then some. After 90 days I've the chance for my first upgrade and raise. I'm so bloody excited I don't even know what to do with myself. Now we can finally look around for a place to stay and support ourselves. On top of that my mom got married to an awesome guy. It's a nice change to have a good day and feel relief and happiness rather than feeling like we're going down with the money boat. There were a lot of prayers said over the past little while and I'm ecstatic that they were answered better than I expected. I start Monday and I can't wait. It'll be nice to work doing something I love rather than something I enjoy for awhile and then end up hating the last little while I'm there. The best part being I can get paid for it too! :D It's been a 1 Nephi 11:17 day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment