Monday, June 6, 2011
The Blue Streak Takes a Hit....The Second Verse.
So the Blue Streak (My Honda Civic Si) took another hit this week. I blame it on the construction. I was rolling along the other day at the usual Provo speeds (25 - 30 MPH above the speed limit) When I happened upon a wonderful hole. I heard a loud BANG! but didn't see any parts flying so I went on my merry way. (I don't want to sound like I beat my car to death. It's my ride and I love it to death and protect it what I can) A few days later I got out of the car and looked at the left rear wheel and noticed it was slightly lower than the rest of the car. By slightly I mean like 6 inches or so. The poor thing looked like it was a tripod. I looked at the tire and noted that it only cleared the body of the car by oh say half a centimeter or so. None the less I figured I could make it back to my mom's with it. So I called my mom to figure out where her mechanic was and got an appointment with them. Looking around I noticed there was a visual difference between the left and right springs and figured the left strut was broken. I was wondering when this had occurred when the little crunch from the other day came to mind. I made it back alright but I'm sure I got some interesting looks. I rolled in and had my wife pick me up. 24 hours and $956.11 later I had a car again. It was dang near three bills for the two backs struts alone. Then they monkied with the height and it needed an oil change and an alignment. Then there was the oil sensor that was leaking oil. They replaced that for me for a mere $70. Dump all the labor on top of that and you get the pile of cash for a total that I mentioned earlier. Dang I wish I had a job. The savings took a hit too. I should be good to go for a little while though now. It's higher than it's ever been. It's where the average car is and that means the tires will wear evenly now rather than just on the inside so they'll last longer. I just hope nothing else costs that much until we can actually afford it and have income!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment