So my company recently had a contest. They called it the biggest fat loser because they wanted to focus on losing the most about of fat and not muscle mass as well. They had Deni Hill (Winner of season 10's at home biggest loser) talk to us as well as take measurements and whatnot.
My wife hooked up with Deni and her program. I'm proud to say she has lost 25 pounds so far (and still going strong :)). I joined purely to help support her and encourage her along the way. The contest was to run for 6 weeks. They had a grand prize of a 32" HDTV and they mentioned some other little giveaways as well. We started eating better and watching things a little more. Again I was just along for the party and to encourage my wife to do her best. We were delighted as she was able to see a difference as well as fit into clothes that used to be to small for her.
Eventually the day came for the final weigh in and measurements. We didn't pay a lot of attention to me as I didn't have a lot of body fat % to start with. After they did all the calculations and whatnot to figure out who lost what % of body fat they announced the winners. They took their time announcing the first place winner as they we pretty surprised who had lost the biggest percentage. They said this person did this solely to support his spouse.....I couldn't believe it......I was first place. I lost 17% of my body fat. I hadn't changed a lot of how I ate other than my wife stopped putting full sticks of butter in her cooking. I was doing a little better eating but nothing drastic. So I ended up winning the TV. Now I have a second monitor for my computer....I now have a 32" HDTV as a primary monitor and a 23" LED monitor as my secondary monitor....I'm spoiled.


No comments:
Post a Comment