Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sorenson's Got Talent

My wife had a company Christmas party the other night. They were serving dinner and afterward having a little talent show with a few prizes for the winners. A lot of people knew that my wife could sing.....they just didn't know that she could SING! Most of the talents were just kinda funny things. Not really a serious competition by any means. My wife was concerned that her talent wasn't a goofy talent like the rest. I told her not to worry about it and go knock them flat.

I've always enjoyed hearing my wife sing. It's even better when she has the element of surprise because I can face watch. The music starts and I start looking around the room. I'm pretty sure every person in the room dropped their jaw. A few eyes bugged out like a Volkswagen and a few "Oh my gosh!" and other expressions were uttered. I love watching reactions. After my wife had whipped out her opera song most people stood up and clapped (something no one else got).

She got 10's from all three judges. The first judge said "That was great but I couldn't understand you Spanish." The song is Italian. The rest commented on how great it was and that it just wasn't expected. Especially with how the rest of the talent show was going. She won $100 and the first place trophy to Sorenson's Got Talent 2012! That's two shows she has won so far :). People have been commenting on it for the last several days. It won't be long before we are banned from competitions at work because we keep winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment